Prof.N.R.Naharaj pursued B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Coimbatore Institute of Technology,Coimbatore Bharathiyar University, M.E in Power System Engineering from Thiyagarajar College of Engineering,Madurai under Anna University and persuing Ph.D. from Anna Univeristy,Chennai. Has total 20 years of experience in Teaching, Training & Consultancy, Research and Administration. Having Strong communication and presentation skills, effective collaboration & team building capabilities with zeal to adapt to latest technological and managerial concepts & utilize the same in a productive and effective manner for the progress of the institution.
- Previously working as Associate Professor R V S College of Engineering&Technology, Coimbatore. Served the Institution in various capacities including Lecturer, Sr. Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Dept Coordinator (R&D) in the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Worked as Sr.Lecturer in the Dept. of EEE,Velammal college of Engineering-Chennai and abroad experience at Tanzania, East Africa for a period of 2 years.
- Actively involved in Academic and Research expertise includes Smart Grid Environment and Power system Operations Management, Simulation Modelling and Analysis, Power Quality Management, Electrical Energy System Design, Applied Electronics and allied Industrial Engineering and Information Technology areas. Has guided more than 50 UG and PG projects.
- Published 8 Technical Papers in Refereed International Journals and National Journals, Presented Technical Papers in International Conferences and National Conferences. Executed l funded projects, consultancy assignments and coordinating the projects at the institution level. Also, motivating faculty to undertake socially relevant research and consultancy work.
- Contributing to the institutional governance and growth through different roles including Member of Department Advisory Board, Institutional NBA / NAAC Committee, IQAC.
- Actively involved in networking with institution through technical talks, member in various committees of other institutions, serving as member in Professional societies including ISTE, IEEE, and IMAG.
- Interstested in developing personality skills among the students by encouraging a number of co-curricular and extracurricular activities like NSS,NCC,NSO,YRC,Rotaract Club and Tamil Mandram and motivates all the students in organizing innovative programmes. Hailing from a teaching faculty,he has been highly regarded as a popular teacher by the students, who is firm but at the same time friendly.